Recipes

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Hard Work!!!

So, as you all know, we added a second garden this year. Just a small one in the front yard. This evening I went out and worked in the big one out back, did some weeding. I filled a bucket with some weeds and dumped those into the chicken run for my chickens to dig through and peck at.  They really had a great time with that, they took turns standing on top of the weed pile and kicking them. (Don't worry I know what weeds are poisonous to them.)  Then after I took care of all of that, I went down into the front yard with a couple of jugs of water and gave everything a good drink. I noticed that some of the seeds that I was afraid were not going to sprout, were coming up.  So, it looks like everything is going great!!!
Yesterday, I set 20 eggs in the incubator, and I'm happily awaiting the day I can stand there and just watch them burst out of their shells!!!! There is just something awesome about watching new life emerge into the world.
I'm sorry I still don't have much in the way of pictures, I just haven't thought much about carrying my digital camera around with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment