Recipes

Saturday, May 30, 2015

More Gardening and Rambles.

Today was a long hard busy day!!! Frank and I had to go to The co-op to get some chicken feed before they closed at noon for the weekend. So, while we were there I said, hey lets look at their plants and see if they have anything new. Well, we ended up getting a 6 pack of spaghetti squash plants. They were actually pretty pitiful looking, so Frank put 2 plants together in each of 3 holes that he dug for them, and gave them some extra rabbit poop. I'm not sure if they will make it, but it's worth the watch. I'm hoping that the rain we got today was a help. We also picked up 2 tabasco pepper plants, and 2 Cajun bell pepper plants. I suppose that means I'm going to be making a good deal of hot pepper jelly. Although I think Frank plans on pickling the tabasco peppers, which is fine with me, because they are too spicy for me.
Then, we picked up some straw to put around the garden plants in the front yard. We got 3 bales but only used 2. I think we are going to use it as mulch around some of the fruit tree's around the property. We currently have 5 fruit trees. 3 peach and 2 apple. I've been looking at some other fruit trees however, and am hoping to have a few more in before the spring/summer is over.  I'm hoping that we will be able to get some pear tree's, I think Frank is thinking of a plum tree of sorts. Really he wants green gage, and damson. I like the fruit, but I hate having to process, because the seeds are so hard to get out of them. I think we will just stick with whatever Lowes has in stock, because I'm not overly fond of getting them from some of those mail order places.
Ginger is due to have her babies any time now. I'm pretty excited to see how this litter will turn out for her. This will be her second litter, but her first litter with Bob. I'm hoping that they are better than the ones that Bob and Doris produced. Although Doris doesn't have the best babies anyways I don't feel size wise.
Funny story while I'm thinking about my rabbits. Tonight when I was feeding and watering the rabbits, I herd this horrible scream!!! I looked up to see where it was coming from, and it was Ethel's Blue kit. There did not appear to be anything wrong with it. It just looked at me, bounced forward and screamed. I had herd of these things happening, just having a screaming rabbit, who screams for the scream of it, but it's quite shocking when it actually happens.
Well, I guess I should get off of this computer for the night. It's been a long day, and tomorrow isn't going to be any shorter from the looks of things. OH, before I go, I did candle the eggs I set tonight. I need to wait a few more days and candle them again. It's so hard to tell because of the dark green of the egg shells.

No comments:

Post a Comment