Recipes

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Rain!!!!

Got up this morning all nice and happy and optimistic. Today we were moving at least 10 of the chicks outside, and then the other five were thing tomorrow. I turn on lights, with two dogs doing the pee pee dance saying hurry mom, hurry...get to the front door, throw it open...and...it's pouring down rain. Sam and Jasper make a mad dash outside, to do their business, and I start a pot of coffee. I'm hoping I'll get lucky and it will stop raining before my husband gets home from work.

In the meantime, I've got my morning cup of coffee, and Sam and Jasper are watching cartoons.

One things for sure though, this rain is sure to make my poor chickens quite moody today. At least I gave them something to be happy about yesterday. I had boiled some eggs, to make pickled eggs, which I did..more on that later though. But I had about 4 eggs that didn't peel nice, and I chief those up really well, and took them with the cooked egg shells and gave them to the chickens...it was a mad dash, with some happy chickens. Even my young chickens (don't think I can call them chicks anymore) were in on the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment