Recipes

Friday, December 13, 2013

Easy crochet Christmas wreath

Let me start by saying that this isn't my pattern. I don't know who wrote it, but its from a live crochet along that I did on face book.

The first thing you will need is a wire hanger bent into a circle, a J hook, and some worsted weight yarn in your choice of color. I used Red Heart super saver in hunter green.

The first round you single crochet all the way around the hanger until you cannot see any of the hanger.

The second round double crochet 3 times in each single crochet. This will make it full and ruffled.

Now the last row, do a half double crochet and then chain 3 in each stitch. It will give it a nice leafy look. Once you get all the way around finish off.

So this leaves you with a nice blank canvas to decorate.  I took ornaments off of my tree and attached them to mine.

This works up nicely, and you can have it done and hanging up in no time. I can also imagine that if you do it in other colors, you could do one for every holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment