Recipes

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Neighborly

One of my neighbors recently had surgery. I've got to admit, she's one of my most favorite neighbors too. She also makes candles and gift baskets, and we've gotten into buying from each other, she'll buy my crochet work, and I buy candles and gift baskets. Its a win-win situation.  We can get unique gifts for our family members that way.  Well anyways, I took her over a few pick me up gifts today, because I just love her. I took her some Fresh eggs, crochet dish cloths, and some home made apple butter. these are all things I made here at my house...well my chickens made the eggs, but I got to thinking about it, and I was like wow, I wonder if that's how they gifted back before stores were common, and gifts weren't something you just ran out and bought. It was kind of a neat feeling to realize that hey, I can do stuff.

I've spent a good deal of the evening working on a crochet order that's going to California.  I'm hoping to have that order finished by Thursday. I don't have any patterns, so I'm doing them based on the pictures. I love a good challenge.

Well, I guess the night is calling for me to settle in and get off of this lap top now. I've been sitting for far too long!!! Hope everybody is having a great week so far!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment