Recipes

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Chicken Life

My Red Star chicken...my best layer
 
So I tried adding captions, but could only make it work once...so I'll just go through and talk about each picture individually...I guess I'm just not computer smart some days.
 
The first pic is of my red star chicken. She is the best little layer. She's pretty calm, and just sort of goes with the flow.
 
Up next is one of my Marans laying an egg in a spot where the eggs are really hard to get out. My hubby is going to make an egg scoop for me. I've cracked a few too many eggs working on getting them out of there.
 
 Next is just some of the gang enjoying the sunshine. My crazy flock. I love them so.
 
 
The next two pictures are of my White Leghorn chicks, and my Rhode Island Red chicks. They are all female, and are now 6 weeks old. They are too little to let out with the rest of the gang, but big enough to be out of the house. So they are tucked away safely in coops in the house. We did separate them by breed. Generally I probably would have just mixed them all together, but decided this time to just keep them sorted.
 
And lastly is another pic of the gang just kind of scratching around, enjoying some of the cracked corn I threw out for them.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment