Recipes

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Saturday with a surprise

Well, it's Saturday, which means it's time for the weekly celery update..as well as something else!!!

The celery as you can see by the pictures is still growing quite well, in fact, there are new sprouts coming up. We like this here at my house!!!

Now for the something else!!! I came upstairs to grab some yarn, and to take a glance to see if my carrot seeds needed any water...well when I looked in there, my seeds have sprouted!!! I'm thinking in about a week I'll have to go through and thin them out, but I'm excited beyond belief!!!

On to the chickens!!! Everybody appears to be doing great!!! Unfortunately though, due to shorter daylight hours, I'm only getting 2 eggs a day. Once we get the lights in there though it should get better.
I've been keeping an eye in the eggs in the incubator!!! In just a few days, we will stop the egg turner, and go into egg lockdown. It won't be long until we hear the chirps of baby chicks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment