Recipes

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Container Carrots

I had talked about wanting to grow carrots in a tub indoors about a week or so ago I believe...or I had talked to somebody about it.

Well, what could be better to do on a rainy day, than to plant some carrots in your craft room. I have two containers, and two packs of seeds...but only enough dirt for one container. That's ok though, I think I'll wait to see if these sprout before I get dirt for a second container.

Since my tubs I'm planting them in are tall enough, but not as long or as wide as I would have liked for them to be I only planted 3 rows, which means I only used about a half a pack. That's ok though, because that means I can stretch my carrot seeds out further. The first pack I used was the multi colored carrots.

I filled my tub up, and watered my dirt. I then mixed it up so that it wasn't so wet that the seeds would be packed tightly. Then I took and made three rows with a spoon, and sprinkled seeds in each row. Then I lightly covered the seeds with my damp dirt.

I now have my tub sitting on a chair in front of the window.

I'll post pictures as they sprout. If everything goes well, I'll have sprouts in about two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment