Recipes

Monday, October 21, 2013

Beginning of the week

Good Morning everybody!!! I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee and working on my list of things to get done today. Its not much really, I need to go to the post office to mail off a couple of crochet orders, and get to the store and buy some coffee. I'm not sure which ranks as more important coffee or packages. 

I'm pretty excited about the mystery quilt along that happens on the 30th of this month. Its at the local quilt shop, and its called the Midnight Mystery Quilt. The name of the Quilt is Oh Momma I lost the Stars. I was looking at my list of fabrics that I need, and I've decided to do the smaller quilt, mostly because I'm a slow cutter for one, and for two I want to have my quilt top put together along with everybody else, so I'm doing version 1, which will be 64 x 64 inches.  This thing has 4 different focus fabrics, and then it has a Light, a Dark, a Light-medium and a Dark Medium, and for the squares there are a whole lotta 2 and 1/2 by 2 and 1/2 inch squares!!! I really need to either go out and buy some fabric, or I need to go through all of my fabric upstairs, either way, its only 10 days away!!! (oh my)

Tomorrow we turn off the egg turner in the incubator and go into lock down. From what we can tell, we're down to 7 eggs with living chicks in them. We have really been keeping a close eye on things. As of right now though, those poor chicks look like they are really crowded in those shells now. I can tell you that on hatching day I'll be listening hard for those little peeps!!! It will be really exciting to be able to finally say that we raised Chickens from eggs, and even more exciting to be able to say that we gathered those same eggs from our chickens. Even though we didn't raise our chickens from eggs or babies, I think we're doing pretty good with them, and can say we've been fairly successful. With them being our first batch of chickens, and not having any casualties to wildlife, dogs, or whatever, I'm proud.

I think I've over watered my celery plant. The poor thing is really wilted looking, and soft. I'm going to try and let it dry out a bit and then see what happens. I don't want to loose it now, not after all the excitement of watching it as hard as I have been!!!  Now since we've had limited sunlight here lately, thanks to all the overcast skies and rain, I've been giving my carrot seedlings some extra light by leaving the light on in my craft room in the early morning hours. I know its not the same as sunlight, but until the sun decides to grace us with his presence it will help out some.

Well blogger friends and family, time to get to work!!!!  Laundry, Dishes, dusting, chicken coops, and a few other things!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment