Recipes

Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday musing

It would seem I have a habit of blogging about whatever it is I'm currently doing. I don't know if it's the way my mind works, or if I think you all just might find it slightly less than boring.

I'm still cutting out those quilt squares. I'm either going to have some really wild looking quilts, or something fantastic.

I've decided to start working on a special quilt for my oldest nephew. He's been engaged to this lovely young lady for quite sometime. They plan on waiting until they are both completely done with school before they say I do. Well, I've decided that I'm going to make them a non scrappy quilt. I'm going to make them a double wedding ring quilt. I'm going to do it using blues, and whites mostly. That will create some lovely scrap fabric as well. I almost can't wait to get started on that.

I have quilting group on FB that I started. It's slowly growing. We've decided to start doing a block of the month kind of deal, then we can make our very own sampler quilts....which reminds me, I need to work on finishing that one from the quilting class I took a couple of years ago.
Anyways, once I get things rolling, I'll post the links to the blocks so that you can follow along, or rather quilt along.

In other non sewing/crafting related news the celery continues to grow swiftly by the hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment