Recipes

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Been a little busy

Hey everyone!!! Yes, it's been a bit since my last blog post, but things tend to get a little bit busy on the farm here lately, especially since I've been working hard on staying on top of the hatching, and chick raising.  About 2 weeks ago, I hatched out some Buff Orpington chicks, and then bought some black chicks from Tractor Supply. This week, we bought some more ISA Browns, which are some brown sex links. The ones we got last year were so good, we decided to get a few more for this year.
My Chicks that we got in the mail in January are about ready to go out, as they are fully feathered, and are getting too big for their brooder cage. I'm only keeping six of the Easter Egg chicks, the other 4 I'm putting up for sale in another 2 weeks.
Four of the six tetra tints we hatched out in October have started laying. I have 1 with the Buff Orpingtons, and so far, she has laid 12 days in a row!!! I cant wait to see how many days she lays in a row before she stops.
On Friday (The 4th) Doris gave me 8 cute little baby bunnies, and then today, Ethel gave us a litter, but I have no clue how many she's had yet. I can't wait until tomorrow morning when I can dig into that nest box and see what's waiting for me!!! Ethel tends to have the best kits!!!
I have a bunch of pictures to share with you guys. They aren't all in any particular order, because well, I've been taking pics to share with you all for quite some time, but I've been posting them on my FB Farm page One Crazy Little Chicken Farm if you get a chance, go over there and take a look, and give us a like!!!
So, here goes with the pictures so you can see some of what I've been up to!!!








I had more, but for some reason, they wouldn't load! My computer kept telling me they were already loaded, even though they weren't! I'll have to work on it more another day!!!
Coming up next, I have 2 new recipes for you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment