Recipes

Friday, March 11, 2016

January's Mail Order Chicks are outside!






Back in January, we ordered some chicks because we had to replace our Rhode Island Red Roosters who passed away (you all remember Sinatra and Martin, every day I miss those two out in that run). Those little Rhode Island Red Rooster chicks, and the Easter Egg Pullets that we ordered have grown fast, and are well feathered out. Thankfully though, the warmer temps are here, and I won't stress as much about them as I normally would.
My Orpington Hens and roosters, as you can see from the pictures are quite curious about their new neighbors, and their new neighbors are very curious about these birds who, right now are much bigger than they are.
In all honesty, I'm very curious as to who is going to be bigger once all of them are fully grown rooster wise, The Orpingtons, or the Rhode Islands. I've never had Orpington roosters before, so this will be kind of fun to see. I already know that the RIR roosters will be bigger than my Easter Egg Roosters, because I've seen Pete and Rufus with Sinatra and Martin...so that being said, I cant wait to see exactly where Wesley (My orp rooster) (yes I named him Wesley...can you guess the movie reference?)
Now that I have these guys outside, with lots of extra feed, they should really have a huge growth spurt!!!
Oh, for those of you who have been following me, and are wondering, no, I didn't add on to the run anymore, we went to Rockingham Co-op and bought just a door panel, and with the two of us working fast, Frank undid the hardware holding the panels together, and we opened it up a bit, and with me inside of the run, we got the panel slid in, and managed to not let anyone get out. (Where Jasper was watching and waiting very keenly, as only a Siberian Husky can do)
If anyone has any questions or comments about anything I post here, please, feel free to comment, or email me ( crochetbrandi@gmail.com)
I'm open to suggestions, or even recipe's that you would like me to try and post.

No comments:

Post a Comment