Recipes

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Week in review













This week, has been a long, productive, crazy week. Last Saturday (March 12th) was my 36th birthday. I can't believe that I'm 36 already, I'm not quite sure where time went.  I had a friend and her daughter bring me a Doctor Who themed Birthday cake, and she did fantastic!!! (the cake is the last picture, my Whovian friends will know what it is)
On Monday, we had to take Bella to the vet for an emergency situation. She scared the ever loving life out of me. She wasn't walking, making noise or eating. It turns out she had a pretty bad case of Lyme disease. Honestly, even using flea and tick repellents, dogs just aren't safe from Lyme disease. I had actually been getting the Lyme shot for my dogs, but they were still getting it, so I stopped, because there was no point in paying that kind of money, to just have to turn around to pay to have them treated for it anyways.
The baby bunnies in the first two pics are Fred and Ethel's babies. They are absolutely huge for being the age they are!!! They make Doris's babies look like runts. (Doris is the big blue bunny I took a picture of, she's rather photogenic)
I've been working on cleaning out the freezer and making jam's and jellies, so that I can finish getting ready for spring/summer. I really should have had it done back in the fall, but well you know how easy it is for time to get away from us.
My chicks that we moved outside that we got in January are doing really well. They are picking up speed on their growing, which is good.
My Orpington hens and roosters are getting huge as well.
I'm still pulling green beans out of the pantry to use that we canned last summer. They taste just as fresh as they did when we canned them. That's such an awesome feeling!
Finally, we're going to be planting peas soon!!! I was hoping to get that done today, but its snowing. Oh I can't tell you how frustrated this snow is leaving me!! I was hoping that it was going to be warm for the rest of the season! But I lost out on that one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment