Recipes

Monday, March 21, 2016

Reuben casserole

Hello, and happy Monday to all!!! We had a great weekend, and a fantastic family dinner at my in-laws yesterday. We had some different faces, and were missing some faces, but in a large family you just never know who's going to pop up, or not.  I made a Reuben Casserole for the Sunday supper, and it does look a little different when baked. (I snapped this shot before I popped it in the oven, I didn't want to forget a picture) Anyways, I've made this for Frank before and he absolutely loves it! I cannot remember if I've shared this recipe with you all before, but it never hurts to re-share something that's fantastic!

1 (12 oz.) can corned beef (or cook about 2 pounds fresh) (I prefer fresh, because its just better tasting)
1 (14 oz.) can or 2 cups packed Sauer Kraut, drained (I used the stuff out of the glass jar)
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup thousand island dressing
1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup bread crumbs

Crumble corned beef, mix in Sauer Kraut and place in a 1 & 1/2 to 2 quart casserole dish. Mix dressings together and pour over top and cover with cheese. Melt butter and mix with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.

And there you have it! This recipe would actually be an easy make ahead, and throw in the oven later kind of dish. I would just wait to put the breadcrumbs on right before you put it in the oven.
There were no leftovers either by the way!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment