Recipes

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Things I want to try this summer

This cold blustery weather, with the snow that's calling to start anytime now, has me thinking warm thoughts of things that I truly want to try this summer.  One of the biggest things I want to try this summer, which probably isn't all that big at all is, Orange Marmalade. I've been wanting to try making it since I first started making jelly, and canning and stuff. I know when I was a kid Orange Jelly was one of my favorite things for my PB & J sandwiches, of course I know that Orange Jelly, and Marmalade are 2 totally different things, but some of the pictures people have been posting in one of the canning groups I belong to have been calling me to the point of really wanting to!!! So, look for pictures of whatever mess I'm probably going to make in that endeavor. I also want to make Kool-Aid Jelly. Face Book is a really dangerous place to be when you belong to lots of fun groups. (Crochet, Quilting, Canning...my FB group list doesn't really look like something a normal 30 something would belong to!)

The next thing on my list of things that I want to get accomplished this summer is, I want to get the hang of making the Double Wedding Ring quilt. I don't necessarily want to make the quilt, but I'm going to make practice blocks until I get good enough to make an entire quilt. I have my colors picked out, so I do want to make a DWR quilt, I've just got to practice, because those curves aren't necessarily impossible, just something that's going to need practice. I just love the look of those quilts, and would love to make one of them to have for Frank and I to cuddle under together.

Trout fishing!!! I want to go to a river that we can catch trout in, and stock our freezer with fresh fish. I think we can get our fishing licenses and trout stamps online now, so that will make things easier. Frank has plenty of fishing gear, so we wont need to get any of that. I think it would be fun to pack a picnic basket, and spend a day together with no television, no phones, and no work stuff going on. Just the two of us enjoying life.

And finally!!! I want to get more green beans, and tomatoes canned. I'd like to double the amount we got canned last year. This winter, we have done awesome not having to go grocery shopping for much of anything. That's been really awesome, and tasty.

What is everyone thinking about for their summer plans? I know the cold is probably getting to you all some.

No comments:

Post a Comment