Recipes

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Finally!!!

On Friday, we finally got Betty to lift for Fred!!!! We ended up having to leave her in his cage over night so that she could get his scent, and hopefully be very interested in him. So, Friday morning, we went out, and put her with him again, (Oh, we put him in her cage, can't really leave bunnies together like that). That morning, she lifted, and he had one really good fall off!!! That evening about 7 or 8 hours later, we put them back together for the second breeding, and she lifted twice!!!! Now, hopefully she took!!!

That evening, when I went out to do the evening animal chores, this is what she did to me. She was mad!!! As soon as she saw me coming, she automatically turned her back to me. She made sure to keep it to me the entire time I was feeding and watering. She still hasn't let me love on her, but she did accept a little piece of banana from me. I'm hoping that in the next few days she will be my sweet Betty again.

We do have a not so nice doe. She is the daughter of Fred and Ginger. We double checked her the other day to make sure that she was indeed a she, and I named her Alice. She is in her own cage now, because Ginger was starting to get a bit overly aggressive towards her. I am really worried that she's not going to let Bob breed her, and that she's going to do some damage to him. Frank is convinced that we can calm her down, and make her a sweet doe...I'm just not so certain about that. But we shall see.

It's super cold out today!!! We have snow on the ground, and high winds. I'm not loving this winter weather at all!!! I'm hoping that we are coming to the end of this snow and crazy coldness we have going on.

Well, I shall close this up, it's time to get the inside house stuff done!!!
Hope everybody is warm, and safe today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment