Recipes

Monday, February 23, 2015

Catching up with you all

Hello there!!! It's been a really busy month here, but that's truly no excuse for my negligence. We have had a lot of snow this month. I think we've gotten more snow this month, than we have all winter long. This last snow was deep enough that it caused me some difficulty in walking.

Other than the snow, I've started eating gluten free, and shopping for that takes a bit longer, and more patience. I will say, I feel a whole lot better since I've gone gluten free. I look forward to sharing my adventures with you all, and lots of new recipes. 

I've also started working on another afghan. I've been working on my craft room a bit, and have been sorting patterns so that they are all in a good order. While doing that, I came across one of those free pattern sheets that Walmart used to have out all the time. I was always grabbing those for the someday when I learned to crochet better, while I was learning. Well there was this one, that I fell in love with, and knew for sure and certain I was going to make, well, the time has come, and I have been working on it. If it turns out good, I may enter this one into the fair. (I've decided I'm going to enter an afghan into the fair, I have a bunch of them lined up to make anyways, and one of them, not sure which will be entered this year.)(it will be my first fair entry.)

We are pretty certain that Cadburry, that cute little black bunny we brought home last Easter is indeed pregnant. Pinkerton, that cute little fluffy white bunny we brought home when we got her, is the father. Her dewlap has gotten huge, her sides are starting to bulge, and she's slowed down a good deal. She is due on March 5th, which is pretty awesome, because that's Frank's birthday. I figure though, that since this is her first litter, she will probably go on either the 4th or the 6th. I have her nest box ready, it's never been outside. I'll be getting her some hay here in the next week, and will start doing the hay test with her to see when she's ready to start building her nest. Some bunnies are early nesters, and some are last minute.  I'm also fairly certain that Betty took as well. Her dewlap has grown, and she's not as friendly as she was, and has been giving us the stink eye pretty good.

I will leave you with a link to the pattern I'm working on http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/floral-bouquet-afghan  and some pictures!!! Hope everybody is keeping warm, and safe!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment