Recipes

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Chicks and my WIP






Good Morning!!! At exactly 6:00 AM this morning my phone rings...I'm sleeping really hard...it's the post office, and a very cheerful mail man...Good Morning, I have a shipment of chicks here for you...we had missed the email saying that they were on their way, and weren't exactly ready...but ready or not, they were here!!!! So, Frank gets dressed and goes out in the falling snow (yup more snow) to go and get them...and I start the rush to get the brooder and the brooder heater put together, and have everything set up and a pot of coffee going and ready for when Frank got home with our package of cute little fluffy chicks. We ordered these from Ideal Poultry out of Texas, and let me tell you, we are never disappointed with the chicks we get from them. In fact, or first Rhode Island Red's and White Leghorns came from them.

I still have a few rows left to assemble for this afghan, but it's coming together really nicely, I'm thinking that yes, I probably will enter this into the fair this year. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm very pleased with the way this is coming together. (Ok, Toot Toot)  With this being a snow day, I'm thinking it's the perfect day to finish putting this bad boy together so that I can start the edging.

No comments:

Post a Comment