Recipes

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Snickerdoodles





Snickerdoodles have probably been around as long as the chocolate chip cookie, only it uses a lot less ingredients and is such a simple cookie...simple yet tasty!!! My husband loves these cookies. I made a huge batch of them to send with my  hubby to work tonight, since it's a holiday (oh and Happy Thanksgiving to everybody out there).  I owe you guys a new recipe anyways!! I've been slacking!!! (really, I don't blame you guys if you are mad at me for the way I've been slacking here lately) So, I thought I'd share this recipe from my recipe box. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do.

Ingredients:
2 & 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 & 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs

Topping:
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon

Directions:

1. Whisk flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together in a small bowl.

2.  In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter until creamy, about 2 minutes.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add about one-third of flour mixture and mix on low speed. Gradually add remaining flour, mixing just until blended. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm enough to roll into balls, at least 2 hours or overnight.

3.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  To make topping combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.

4.  Roll dough into 1-inch balls between your palms, then roll in cinnamon sugar to coat. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets; gently flatten just enough so they don't roll off. Bake just until light golden brown around edges, about 12 minutes. Move cookies to cooling racks, and cool cookies completely.

Well, that's all there is to it!!! I hope you all had a most wonderful holiday today!!! And if you are going out to do the Black Friday shopping, please be safe, and be kind to the workers, remember they have to stay through the madness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment