Recipes

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Eggs, Chickens, and Chicks










Well, all 3 really do go together, in one order or another...you cant get one without the other anyways..but I thought I'd share some fun pics I took for you all...

I love to look at my eggs, to me they are almost works of art, truly, Nature is a gifted artist. I will never grow tired of looking at my farm fresh eggs, and then sighing when I see the sad plain looks of the ones at the grocery store, no matter how you pack them in the carton, they are simply, white or brown, not tan, pink, blue, green...speckled, off white or any of the other beautiful colors that I see in my hen house as I'm gathering them up for the day.

Nothing is funnier or more amusing than when my girls and boys see me walking up the hill with a bucket, no matter who its for, they are all going to gather there and push to see what I have, and if its going to be something tasty for them!!! As you all can see, I pretty much so have a rainbow of birds, and I love it!!!

The last 4 pics are of the last batch of chicks we hatched out. I put them outside yesterday, and worried greatly over them all night long. I would have kept them in the house much longer, but unfortunately they were growing rather crowded, and had no room. These little guys are loving life out there, and the cold does not seem to bother them one bit at all. Their houses is the dog house that we bought for Sam and Jasper when they were puppies and had some kennel time during the day so that they could play outside some. (They were much too little to be trained to the invisible fence at the time) Since it was a snap together dog house, all we had to do was to unsnap it, and it made 2 terrific little chicken houses. I did buy some more bedding today that I'm going to put out there in their pin. I'm going to try and insulate the backs and the sides as much as I can. Of course, now that they are outside  and have lots more space, they will really take off growing!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment