Recipes

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Making Sausage


On Saturday, my husband and his best buddy butchered rabbits. They butchered a bunch of babies, well they weren't really babies any more, they were big eating machines, and after all we did get into rabbits for the meat of it. Well, ever since I had herd that people make sausage out of rabbit meat, that was one of those things that I was completely focused on, sausage...I could not wait, so my darling husband got me a kitchen aid meat grinder and sausage attachment.

This morning we went to our local Rockingham Coop and picked up some of the stuff we would need for it, which was the casings, and the seasonings. We found everything we needed there. (I love our coop, they have everything that a person could need for the most part when they farm)

Now, we didn't add any kind of pork or anything along those lines, this was just straight up rabbit and seasonings. We were quite happy when we saw the Morton Sausage and Meat Loaf seasoning mix, it really made life easier, because some of the recipes we looked at called for what seemed like a million and one different seasonings.

We ended up using about 3 pounds of rabbit meat, and made I'm not sure how many sausage links, because it was almost comical getting the process down, and getting everything right. The links are all different sizes, which won't really matter much, because its for our eating pleasure!!! We had enough of the meat left over, to make a few patties and they were fantastic!!! We still have some meat left in the fridge to do whatever we want with.

So, now that I've shared our latest farm adventure with you all, I'll see you all during the next adventure...which will probably be tomorrow, because the chicks are going outside!!! They aren't exactly chicks anymore though. (they grow up so fast)

No comments:

Post a Comment