Recipes

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Gravy Fail



Yup, thats right, Gravy fail!!! I decided its cold outside, I can break into that great chicken meat that we canned over the summer, and I can turn some of the broth into gravy...and we will have chicken and rice with gravy...well, I've never made home made gravy before...Just gravy from a packet...so 45 minutes later I'm really starting to think, this gravy has to be getting close to done...wait, maybe I should turn up the heat and get it to a rolling boil...I think it needs more corn starch...add add add, stir stir stir...stir stir stir...add add add...Franks alarm clock goes off signaling that he's about to get up for the "day" (he works night shift) so I stir it frantically, thinking that it should be good enough...turns out I should have made a paste with the corn starch, and then slowly stirred it into the broth, and then I would have had gravy...I tell my husband, who grew up with a mother who made home made gravy that I just don't know what I've done wrong...he tilts it this way and that, and says well look at that, its all clumped up in the bottom...

So, now that you all know my dirty little secret...That I'm a gravy from powder girl from way back...I will close this up, and go back to my corner of shame!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment