Recipes

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Sadness of Farming

Yesterday was a very sad day here at my little farm. One of my rabbits had an untimely and unfortunate death. Hudsen, my Black Silver Fox buck, who just hit maturity, and was old enough to breed, got out of his cage again while Frank and I were out taking care of some things in town. He would have been safe in the kennel that the Rabbit cages are in, except it appeared he had tried to dig out, and unfortunately the dogs got him.  I am not ashamed to admit that my heart broke into a million little pieces and I cried for about an hour. He was my most lovable rabbit, and I will miss him a lot. I know that they aren't supposed to be pets, but farm animals. I do however want them to be cared for, and feel loved while they are here serving our purposes.


No comments:

Post a Comment