Recipes

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Skunked!!!!!



Sometimes, having dogs is a lot more of an adventure than I would like. Living in the country with dogs is also sometimes more of an adventure than I would like.  At 4:30 This morning, while Bella and I were warm and cozy in bed, this smell invaded the house....the smell of skunk...my first thought was please let that skunk stink be because one got hit in the road, and not because Sam and Jasper thought it would be great fun to give chase....so, I tip toe to the kitchen window, just praying I would see the boys sleeping on their favorite spot...nope, I see Jasper rubbing his face in the gravel driveway, and Sam rolling in the mud. Once I was certain that it was them, I got dressed, got in the truck, and drove to Walmart, before the Sun was up.

There is this recipe that Frank has from Hints from Heloise. We practically know this recipe by heart at this point. It really does work. I even mix up some just to soak their collars in to help get rid of the stink.  This is a recipe that I gladly share with you all, because its worth sharing!!!!

1 quart of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
1/4 to 1/2 cup baking soda
1 tsp of mild dish detergent (liquid) (Dawn dish soap works best)

Mix this well in a big bucket, and then rub into your pets fur as if its a shampoo, and avoid the eyes and ears, and then rinse well, and repeat as many times as need be. Luckily this time they didn't get sprayed as bad as they have been in the past, so I only really had to do it once each.


No comments:

Post a Comment