Recipes

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Picture Time!!!







Yup, my camera and I have been rather busy today...almost as busy as poor Frank has been!!!
I wanted to share the pictures of the apple tree's that Frank planted today. The first picture is of the Red Delicious, and the second one is the Granny Smith. Both of them are Semi Dwarf trees.

Getting pictures of the rabbits is proving to be quite the challenge. But I did manage to get some pictures. The first is of Doris and her brood of kits. As you can see they are growing swiftly. The second is of Ethel and her Lilac Kit, who has been named Judy. Yup, the Lilac is a girl!!!! it didn't take me long to give her a name did it???? And yes, she's a keeper, or she wouldn't have been named.
Then last but not least of the bunny pics I took, is Betty. I just love her face. My Chocolate Silver Fox has the best facial expressions.

As you can see, I managed to snap a great pic of Bella. Pics of her standing still are hard to get, but I snap them as I can.

Now the last pic is of the peach tree we planted 2 years ago. We bought this from Lowes, and as you can see, its doing fantastic!!! This is a replacement tree for the ones in the back yard. We plan on planting  one more this spring, so that we can go ahead and cut down the two in the back yard. The gentleman who originally planted the trees in the back yard obviously was not thinking when he planted them. he planted them so close together that one is shading the other, and they have grown in a bent manner. We tried to save them, but from the looks of them, the roots must be growing together now, and they appear to be dying. So this spring the plan is to go ahead and cut them down. I'd like to cut down just one and see if the other can be saved, but we will have to wait and see. We do plan on pruning this one in the spring, because as you can see, it needs it. I believe this is a Dwarf peach.

And now, you have been caught up on the randomness of  our little farm!!!! Hope you enjoyed the pics...and if all goes well, I'll have more pics to share with you guys tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment