Recipes

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Franks Pizza Sauce and Pizza Crust Recipes



There is nothing that makes a weekend better than pizza, and nothing tastes better than home made pizza!!!! Now in our house, Frank is the expert at making the pizza, and he makes the crust and the sauce from scratch..sort of. Frank was kind enough to let me write down the recipe to share with you guys. Now I have to tell you, that our one pan, fills up the entire oven, so I would say that this recipe makes roughly 3 pizza crusts. For us it makes one giant pan, and one round pan. (as you can see from my pictures here) So, I'm going to start with the pizza crust recipe. (Since those are the pictures I decided to upload first) And that is Frank's arm that I managed to get a pic of.

1 and 1/2 Stick butter. (If you melt it, it makes it easier to mix)
3 cups flour
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. pepper
enough water to make a dough that does not stick to the sides of bowl
1/2 to 1 tsp. of garlic

Preheat oven to 350

Once you are done mixing the dough, roll it out to desired thickness (We do paper thin) and then bake until dough is crisp (do this before you top it) Then after you have baked the crust, add toppings and bake until toppings are done. You will have to keep an eye on things, because Frank doesn't time it, he just watches it.

NOTE FROM FRANK: " This crust is basically a home made cracker recipe. You can have a lot of fun with it. You can make it different every time by putting different spices in it, or you can add cheese, or even tomato sauce. I like it because I don't like repetitiveness in my foods"


And now onto the Tomato Sauce, please don't pay too much attention to my wonderful coffee can utensil holder, it just seemed like a better idea than going out and paying a bunch of money for one that I would probably end up breaking.

Put all ingredients into a canning jar as you go.
1- 12 oz. can of tomato paste
then fill same can with water and dump into jar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 tsp italian seasoning
1 tbs dried minced onions

Once you have everything in the jar, (after putting the lid and ring on of course) shake jar well. Let set about an hour to let all of the flavors fuse together. Randomly shake the jar when you walk by while its sitting. It helps to make sure that everything is mixed well.



No comments:

Post a Comment