Recipes

Monday, October 27, 2014

Growing Celery Update

Good Morning everybody!!!! I'm not sure if you all remembered that I've been trying to grow celery from a cut celery stalk, Well, this was my take two, and as you can see, I'm doing quite well with this!!! This truly has turned into quite a beautiful plant, which I enjoy looking at in my kitchen window on a daily basis. So far, its the only plant I've not killed in a long time!!!! I am however wondering when the stalks will start getting bigger, but I'm sure that will come eventually.


2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! What is your secret to growing this plant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put it in a little bowl of water, and let it float around until it has some pretty growth coming out of the top, and then I watch until the roots are long enough that they look like they would take in dirt. Then I have to make sure to keep it watered, because as it turns out celery plants take a lot of water!!!!

      Delete