Recipes

Monday, September 8, 2014

More baby bunny pictures!!!!










I decided I needed some baby bunny pictures today, since they are growing so quick!!! I needed to get in and handle Doris's babies some. I've been working a lot with Ethel's kits, but not so much with Doris's. There are some black kits in Doris's nest box, but it was the blue ones that wanted to come out and play. As you can see, they are just adorable!!! The baby bunny cuteness is almost more than I can take!!! I did notice that it looks like I may have a lilac baby in Doris's bunch. I know I have one from Ethel, but didn't notice the one until today from Doris. You can see the little guy in the top picture, its the one in the middle.

Now, I had to share the nifty contraption that my hubby bought me!!! Its a lid and straw that fits on top of a regular mouth canning jar, and is held on with a ring. I thought that was the best thing ever. I was using it to drink coffee out of the other day.

Over the weekend we butchered the 7 young roosters, and an old hen. We knew those little roosters weren't going to get any bigger, because they were starting to get spurs. We went ahead and canned the meat. The way we figured it, it was better than worrying about the electricity going out this winter, and having to deal with stuff not staying frozen.  We are planning on throwing some eggs in the incubator to start getting ready for another butcher.


No comments:

Post a Comment