Recipes

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Around here

Good Morning all, sorry my posts have been so far in between here lately. Things have been a little crazy. Right now we are on the hunt for a new family doctor as ours had to take an unexpected leave from medical practice, and then we've been cleaning out vehicles, and canning, and getting ready for apple season, which I believe is upon us.

This fall, I'm planning on buying several bushels of apples. The plan is to make plenty of apple sauce, apple butter, apple pie filling, and some jelly. I'm going to be boiling down the skins to make jelly so that nothing goes to waste out of the apples. Its going to be a buys month or two, but we will have plenty of fresh apple products for the winter.

I've been working on handling the baby bunnies that are out with their mothers right now. Currently I have one of Ethel's sold, I'm not sure which one yet, because I'm not sure of their genders. I've sold a female to a 4H kid. I really think that 4H is one of the most important programs they have for children. It teaches them so many things, in a very positive light. If I could get involved more, I most certainly would.

Even though its not fall just yet according to the calendar, the weather is saying otherwise. These chilly grey days, are a most certain sign, that fall has arrived. The tree's haven't started turning yet, but that's not far off I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment