Recipes

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Breakfast Pizza






Yes, it tastes as good as it looks!!!! And its quite easy as well...Now, I cook breakfast for dinner all of the time, to me breakfast isn't just for mornings. When I came across this recipe, I was quite excited, because it meant a new way to use up eggs!!! Since I'm getting about 2 dozen eggs a day, they tend to build up much faster than we use them down.
I did double the recipe when I made this, so that if it turned out tasty (and it did) I would be able to have some for Frank when he gets home from work in the morning. he's a night shift worker, and its always nice to be able to have something handy to heat up so he can get a fast bite.  The recipe I'm giving you will only make one, so here we go!!!

1 tube (13.8 oz) refrigerated pizza crust
2 Tbsp. Olive oil, divided
6 eggs
2 Tbsp. water
1 pkg. (3 oz.) real bacon bits
1 cup (4 oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese

1. Unroll crust into a greased 15x10x1 in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Brush with 1 Tbsp. oil. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 400 for 7-8 min or until lightly browned.

2. meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs and water. in a small skillet, heat remaining oil until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until completely set.

3. Spoon eggs over crust. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese. Bake 5-7 min longer or until cheese is melted.

That's it!!! It's just that easy!!!
I hope you enjoy this easy recipe, that uses up plenty of eggs!!! (plus its man friendly)

No comments:

Post a Comment