Recipes

Friday, September 20, 2019

Zucchini Lasagna

Hey everyone!!! I know it's been a good week since my last post. Things have gotten rather crazy here. My Neon that I bought brand new in 2004 has been having some issues. It's in the shop. Frank did a bunch of work on it, and took it to the shop for all the work he couldn't do.  Turns out there's something going on, on the other side of the engine plate. Frank tried explaining it, but I just nodded like I got it.
Then this week Bella thought she could pick a Fight with one of the Sibes and win...long story short, she's on antibiotics, eye drops, and pain meds. Thankfully she didn't need stitches, and she has already decided to make up with Sam.

So, let's get into this recipe. I absolutely hate clicking on a link for a recipe and then having to read a bunch of stuff I don't really care about, I just want to get the recipe!!
This is another family favorite, and last week my niece requested it specifically, and I obliged.

Ingredients:
1 lb of ground pork
1/4 onion chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
1 jar low carb marinara sauce
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 egg
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 cups zucchini diced
1 tbsp Italian seasoning

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
Brown ground pork with chopped onion and garlic. Drain well.
Add pork mixture back into the pan and dump in marinara sauce. Simmer covered for 10 min. Sauce will thicken.
In a small bowl, mix ricotta, egg, and parmesan.
Grease a 9×13  casserole dish.
In a small pan, melt some butter and salute the zucchini for 3-5 minutes, and remove it while still crisp. Put it in a papertowl lined collender and let moisture drain.
Cover bottom of casserole dish with 1/2 of the sauce, then layer the zucchini, followed by spooning the ricotta mix in dollop on top of the zucchini. Use the back of a spoon to spread out. Next layer 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, then add the rest of the sauce, and then end with the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning on top.
Bake covered for 25 minutes, and then remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.

I tend to top it with extra cheese..you can never have too much cheese in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment