Recipes

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole

So, Frank, as you all may know, is a type 1 diabetic, he has been since he was 6 years old. Luckily things are a lot better for people living with this disease over the years. There is no cure, and there probably never will be no matter how much money we dump into research. Happily, so many new recipes have come about, some are great, and some are...well we won't be fixing those again. I plan on sharing the good recipes with you all in hopes that you all may enjoy them as much as we do. I still plan on sharing the dessert recipes that I fix for the family gatherings, and holidays and such. Frank can enjoy these desserts as long as he 1 remembers that you can have them within reason, and 2 he remembers to take his bolus shot.

I've made this recipe a couple of times now and can tell you it easily doubles to take to a family meal or pot luck dinner. It's not overly expensive and has all of the flavors of a bacon cheeseburger that you love. Unfortunately, I lost the calorie/carb count, and haven't found a program I like to run all of the ingredients through to get the calorie count. This is one of our most favorite recipes out of the ones I've found.

Ingredients
1/2 pound of bacon
1 pound ground beef
1/2 sweet onion
1 clove garlic
4 tablespoons cream cheese
2 tablespoons reduced sugar ketchup
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
4 large eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon hot sauce
8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon fresh dill

Instructions
Dice the bacon into small pieces and fry until crispy over medium heat.  Remove bacon from pan and set aside. Drain grease from the pan.

Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned, crumbling as it cooks. Then drain the fat. Then add in the onion and garlic, with the beef and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.

Add the cream cheese, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoned salt to the skillet and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until combined.

Spread the beef mixture into a greased 8x8 baking dish, and top with the cooked bacon.

Crack the eggs into a medium bowl, and whisk together with the heavy cream until combined. Stir in the pepper and hot sauce.

Pour the egg mixture over the beef and bacon evenly.

Top with the cheddar cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until set and golden on top. Sprinkle with dill before serving.



I fixed 2 side dishes of veggies to go with this, mostly because I suppose you cannot have too many veggies.

On a side note, I'm still totally working on that crochet pattern. It turns out that I'm a little bit rusty, but I think once I get through this one, I should be able to get back in the swing. I really hope that you all enjoy the pattern that I'm writing!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment