Recipes

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Pumpkin Bread Recipe

Yes, pumpkin bread is tasty any time of the year!!! Especially when you are snowed in from Jonus, the blizzard of 2016!! I decided that I couldn't hoard all of those jars of pumpkin that I canned back in the fall forever, so I pulled out one of my most favorite recipe sources, and found a nice, simple, yet tasty recipe for pumpkin bread. I hope that you all will enjoy this as much as I did, because after all, there is nothing better than an uncomplicated recipe that's just easy to whip up in a jiff.

3 eggs, well beaten
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 and 1/4 cups sugar
2 and 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
2 and 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 and 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Beat together all of the first 4 ingredients
Then sift together the rest of the ingredients, and slowly mix in, until all in and well mixed.

Pour into 2 greased 9x5 loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. Insert butter knife to see if it comes out clean.

for a little something extra optional, before baking fold in 1/2 cup chopped nuts, and 1/2 cup chopped dates or raisins.

No comments:

Post a Comment