Recipes

Thursday, January 7, 2016

a little quilting and crafting as well



I've been doing more than just raising chickens and rabbits around here!!! I've also been working on a little bit of quilting. This was a quilt I had cut out last summer, or winter, I'm not sure which. But I had cut everything out, pinned stuff together, made the marks, etc... so, I decided that my craft room needed to be cleaned up, and what did I find? The clear box with all of these wonderful pieces in it, and the magazine with the pattern in it. So..I decided that finishing up projects would be a great way to clean my craft room...which means...2016 will not be the room that my craft room is clean and organized...because after I finish that one, I have to figure out exactly what kind of a quilt I was working on that I have cut and pinned, and partially started in the shoe box I found. So, 2 quilts may possibly get made this year.

So, I saw on Facebook, this really "cute" project, using hot glue, and a canning jar lid, to make a pin cushion/storage jar. You know, they really make it look so much easier than what it actually is. I burned myself multiple times, hot glued stuffing to my thumb, and threw away 3 starts before I got this one made. But, its made!!!

What has everyone been crafting here lately???

No comments:

Post a Comment