Recipes

Monday, January 25, 2016

Canning Dry Beans??? Yup

Hey there! Yes, you read that title correctly, I am going to try canning dry beans. Now, I know that sounds awfully funny, canning dried beans, like...what's the point of that? Why would you want to?  wouldn't that take up more room???
Well, let me tell you, yes, it would take up more room, to a point, but no more room than all of my empty jars already take up. I buy dried beans in bulk, and I don't necessarily have to can them all up, but I can, can a good bit of them up. In the long run, it does save time, lets say its been a particularly crazy day, I come in, and what do I want to make for dinner??? Open the pantry..and hmm...oh I have everything I need to make chili, pull it all out, dump it in the pan, and walk away for a few minutes, and let it heat through. There are so many reasons though other than just chili. Being able to cook home cooked meal, without a lot of fuss, really makes life easier.
I'm going to be following this link from Little House Living for my first go round. Its straight forward, and simple. Plus it sounds rather tasty!!!!

I'll post pictures of my bean canning as I go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment