Recipes

Thursday, June 4, 2015

just a blah kind of day

Well, it's been raining for about a week solid now. I did manage to get the rest of my tomato plants in the other day between the rain. Now I just need to get the rest of my pepper plants in the ground before they get root bound.  I have some green tomatoes on some of my plants, some I'm thinking if I'm lucky I'll get to have red tomatoes by the 4th of July, which would just be awesome.

Ginger had her babies, she had either 7 or 8 which is 2 or 3 more than her first litter. I was very excited to see that, and then I herd a noise come from Betty's cage, and discovered that she had surprised me with a litter of 4, which she wanted nothing to do with. 3 of them were still alive thankfully. I managed to get them warmed up, and I slipped them into Gingers nest box, where they got to be nice and warm. I checked on them yesterday to make sure she was able to feed them all, and well she's doing quite well. Hopefully it will warm back up soon so that I can take them out of the nest box and get a for sure count, and get some pictures of those cute little wiggly things. I'm not certain what we are going to do about Betty just yet. I really wanted to have a good Chocolate Silver Fox program going, but she is making it a bit on the impossible side. We are thinking if we move her around, and put her next to a buck, that maybe perhaps she will want to mate, and if she wants to mate, maybe she will want to take care of her babies. For now, we were just super lucky that it wasn't freezing temps out, and that Ginger had delivered already.

Well, I suppose I had better get off of here, I need to work on my kitchen, get some eggs put away, and head to the grocery store!!!

Hope you are all having wonderful weather wherever you are!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment