Recipes

Friday, June 26, 2015

Big Brownies

I swear, I don't bake every day, and that we don't eat tons of fresh baked chocolate things. Just some times, I get on spurts, especially when I know I have a lot of catching up to do on my blog after I've neglected you all.

So, we all  know that the best cook books in the world, are written by churches. Nobody cooks better than a church lady. End of story...church lady food is the best!!!! This recipe comes from our church cookbook, and was submitted by a lady who is no longer with us. I've been wanting to try this recipe for quite sometime now, and finally decided why not!!! Well, why not indeed!!!! These are perfect with a cup of coffee or a glass of cold milk. They practically melt in your mouth, and will be hard to not just sit down and eat!!!

Recipe:
3/4 cup margarine or butter melted
1 and 1/2 cup sugar
1 and 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
3 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Directions:

Blend the first 3 ingredients. Add eggs and mix with spoon. Then combine dry ingredients. Gradually add to the egg mixture. Beat well with a spoon. Spread in an 8 or 9 inch square pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from pan.
Cool.
cut into 16 squares.

This is best mixed with a wooden spoon rather than with an electric mixer.


No comments:

Post a Comment