Recipes

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Updated Laundry Soap Recipe


So, we all remember that awesome $2.00 laundry soap recipe. When I was in Walmart I found ZOTE which is a laundry bar soap, and it cost the exact same thing as the Fels-Naptha. So I was curious, and asked a few other people who make laundry soap, and they said that they use it all the time, that you just use a half a bar, and save the other half for later. Well I hate having an open package just sitting around, so I decided to just go ahead and make a double batch, because then, I wouldn't have to make more later on down the road. Because of the size of the soap, it didn't make just 4 quart jars, it made 5!!!!  I'm going to go ahead and post the amounts to make a double batch and just call it a batch.

Grate 1 bar of zote soap
then add 2 cups of Arm and Hammer washing Soda,
and 2 cups of 20 mule team borax
mix with 6 cups of water, and heat together until everything is melted together.
Divide  into 5 quart jars, and then add enough water to bring it just to the shoulder of the jar.
Let sit over night, then cut the hard soap and dump into a blender. Blend until it has a may like consistency and pour back into the jar.



1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to do this! Unfortunately, I'm allergic to Arm and Hammer laundry detergent so I'm scared to make this and have a reaction to it.

    ReplyDelete