Recipes

Friday, September 25, 2015

more to can yet

Hey there, I'm taking a moment to step out of the kitchen. I've just spent a good deal of time scrubbing my pressure canner, and then my water bath canner. We don't have a water softener, and we have well water, so as you can imagine, things tend to build up a bit. As soon as they dry, and I do a good inspection of everything, I've got to get another 5 pounds of tomatoes canned, and then I have to start prepping some chicken to get cooked down and canned up. I'm hoping that I'll get some extra broth to get canned as well. There is nothing better than home canned broth.

Frank finished butchering the Americana roosters yesterday. There were 6 more to do, which gave us a total of 10 roosters out of 17 chicks hatched. I have to say, I am really happy that we have 7 hens. I was a bit nervous, because I thought we only had 4 or less!!! But once we got all of those boys butchered, we were able to see exactly what we have. We have some really beautiful pullets. We have decided to keep 4, and sell 3. The money we make off of the pullets sold will go back into the chickens.
    
 Our weather has been fantastic here!!! I cannot complain about it at all!!! It's been what I consider the perfect fall weather. It's been cloudy and over cast, but no rain...the air has been cool and crisp, and refreshing. It's a really nice change from walking outside and just feeling sticky and hot.

I have been looking at some fun new ideas for some crochet patterns to design for you all. Some nice, simple gifts, or things to have around the house. Keep your eyes peeled!!!! Add me to your reading list so you can keep up with my pictures, recipes and free patterns!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment