Recipes

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

2015 Summer Pictures, Part 1
















Here are some of those long promised pictures!!! I know, I know, they aren't great, but I never claimed to be great at choosing my picture subjects!!! (and yes, I love taking pics of the dogs)
We've had some different visitors here to the farm, and they are all always well greeted. We did get off of the farm as you can see by the concert picture. We went to the fair with some friends (Aaron and Donna, Pictured below the concert). We saw a group called Hotel California, they are an Eagles cover band, and I will say they were pretty good, and I was quite surprised by just how many Eagles songs I know!!!
The weather here today is fantastic!!! In fact, the air has been off here in the house for the last 2 days, and I have some of the windows open here in the house. It's kind of nice being able to have the windows open after that sticky summer we have had.
I candled the eggs again in the incubator the other night, and had to take another 3 out. So, the count was, we started out with 33, and I took 6 out on day 7, because they were infertile. Then, I took 3 out that had blood rings, so I'm down to 24 eggs. I'm hoping I don't loose anymore.
I spent most of today canning pumpkin, let me tell you, that was a lot of work. I spent about 8 hours working on my pumpkin, and I still have 3 more pumpkins to do!!!! (noooo!!!!!)  Then when I was putting some stuff away while killing time waiting on the pressure cooker to do it's thing, I discovered I was down to 3 jars of soup!!!! So, I am now cooking some chicken to make some chicken soup to get canned. For me, 3 jars is dangerously low!!!
Alright, that's about it from here. I now have to start working on the other half of the pictures for you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment