Recipes

Friday, August 23, 2019

August more than a year since my last post

Hello there...It's been an insane year, full of ups and downs. I don't know if anyone even still reads my blog, or even wants to. I suppose I'll fill everyone in on everything. I need to get back into the blog universe.

So just over a year ago, I went back to work. I went to work for Tractor Supply here in Woodstock. I absolutely loved it there. Yes, Loved.  I had to give it up for multiple reasons. First Frank got a promotion at work, and it keeps him from home a lot more, and he requested that perhaps I could go back to staying at home. Our schedules meant that we weren't seeing each other as much, and we were getting behind on a lot here at home. Then, there was the damage that I did to my right hip, the one that still needs to be replaced. So...I reluctantly agreed that perhaps staying at home wouldn't be such a bad thing.  I am however teaching a class once a week at the Sew and Vac in quilting.

I'll catch you all up on the Dogs because I know you all love my dogs. Jasper is doing great, he needs to go on a small diet, but he's great. Sam had to go on meds because he's been diagnosed with autoimmune disease. Thankfully it only affects the skin on his nose, under his eyes, and his anal glands. He's been on his meds for just over a month now, and so far, everything is looking great. The skin on his nose is growing back perfectly. Bella is doing well, I'm having a hard time controlling her eating,  So I bought some diet food that I'm about to switch them too....in all honesty even Sam could use a few pounds off. Now for the big pet announcement...drum roll, please!!!! Last month we brought home a female Siberian Husky puppy that we named Mishka. She's a brownish reddish color with blue eyes. I promise I will have pictures in the near future.

I'm hoping to have lots more recipes to share, we got an Instant Pot, and I'm seriously in love with it. It's made my kitchen life so much easier, and I love how tender it makes the meat. I'm planning on sharing some of the recipes that we love.

In the spring, we have to start over with all of our chickens. We had another bad year with raccoons. We need to drop a bunch of money into completely redoing all of the housing and run area. We plan on trying to raccoon-proof our chicken run. I'm hoping we don't lose anymore this year, even though I'm not getting any eggs.  Having a farm is as much heartache as it is work and dedication.

Well, I will end this here. I fully intend to try to get back to posting on a regular basis now that I'm home again, and hopefully, I'll have lots of pictures, recipes, and maybe even some new crochet patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment