Recipes

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter All!!!!

Hello everybody, We here at our little farm would like to wish you all a very  Happy Easter, and I hope that wherever you are, the weather is as beautiful and sunny as it is here. Sorry for the lack of pictures in this post.

I realize things have been rather quiet here on the blog lately. I've been working on writing some new patterns, doing some spring cleaning, and keeping up with those chicks that came in the mail last month. We have to figure out what we are going to do with all of the roosters that are currently in the grow out section, because we need that area for these guys here soon. (of course it will have to be shoveled out, and new bedding put down, and the houses scrubbed)(Truly it is never ending)

I know you all know that we had gotten the Rhode Island Red pullets, and the White Leghorn pullets, but Frank took me to Tractor Supply when the chicks came in, and I came home with 6 Isa Brown pullets, which is a reddish brown sex link. They are only a week behind the RIR and WL pullets. Size wise though, they are right there with them. As soon as we get everybody situated I will be adding some pictures of the now teenager pullets.

I am going to be trying a newish jelly recipe here in the next week or two. I had wanted to make it sooner, but I have some cluttered kitchen counters due to the tomato starts, which I have effectively killed all but 3 of. I am a horrible plant keeper.

So, back to the chicken stuff. We are hoping to start getting the house built for the Easter Egg chickens, so that we can get them out of the run that they are currently in, and get the girls in with them that are in with the main bunch. I will admit, that I find the Eggers to be quite beautiful. They all look different, and are all different sizes. They are like a rainbow.
Then We are also hoping to get the chick house/grow out area built and put together soon. We will be putting a large incubator in there, and will no longer be doing hatch outs in the house. Although, I may do small hatch outs here in the house for special breeds.

OH! Bunny update. Doris and Ethel are due anytime now. I'm not completely sure when, but they do have their nest boxes. Cad's babies are 4 weeks old already, and are eating drinking, and running around like crazy bunnies!!! My mother is taking one of them, and has already named it Moon Beam.  So we've been working on handling that one, and getting it used to people. I'll admit, my hubby is completely adorable playing with a baby bunny.

Well, that's all, hope you all are having a fantastic day!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment