Recipes

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Strawberry Jam the easy way






Last week, I got some strawberries from the local FFA. They always have the best fruit, always!!! I don't know how it is, but even the grocery stores don't have fruit that good.
I learned how to make Jelly/Jam from one of the best, my mother in law. With her it was pretty much so sink or swim, and I swam!!! She taught me the easy way though, which I think she took to because as a kid, she got to make it the hard way. I use Certo or Sure Jell.

For this recipe I used Certo, so here goes!

4 cups crushed strawberries
7 cups sugar
1 pouch Certo
This makes 8 cups.

Prepare your jars and lids as directed

1. put strawberries and sugar into your pot, and bring to a rolling boil. (a boil that does not stir down)

2. add Certo, and return into a full rolling boil, and boil for 1 minute.

3. Ladle into jars quickly, wipe the rims of the jars, and place lids and rings. Allow to remain sitting until you hear the lids ping. And then move them to a safe place until they have cooled. It may take up to 2 days to set, but mine always sets by the time it's cool.

For more tips and recipe's for jelly making using the Sure Jell products go to
Sure Jell

No comments:

Post a Comment