Recipes

Monday, March 23, 2015

Craft shows, seed starting, and baby bunnies









Over the weekend, I participated at a craft show, at one of the local Brethren churches. I had a great time, and met so many wonderful people. Now, I know I posted pictures of a candle booth, but no, I have not gotten into candle making. I just had to share my neighbors fine handy work. I have to admit, I'm very addicted to her candles. I've bought lots of candles from her, and plan on buying lots more!!! Plus she makes gift baskets. If anybody is interested, just contact me and I can get you in touch with her.




Then on Saturday, I noticed that my tomato seeds had sprouted. As you can see, that made me so happy I took a picture. Then when I got up this morning, they had grown this much!!! So I took some more pictures! At this rate, it won't be long before I can put them into bigger pots to grow some more before I put them into the ground.


Then today, I decided I had better get my egg plant and my jalapeno seeds started. I wanted to try something new this time, so I planted my seeds directly into peat pots. I did a layering though. I put some dirt on the bottom. A sprinkling of rabbit poop in the middle, and then more dirt on top. I'm anxious to see how they do, if they grow.  I'm excited to find out!

And finally!!!! a shot of the 2 week old baby bunnies!!!! As you can see, their eyes are opened, and they are on the move!!! They are on the move so well in fact, that they are climbing in and out of the nest box on their own to get something to eat more than their mom would like. It's really quite amusing. I'm sorry the picture stinks, but for some reason my flash decided to suddenly quit working on me. I'm going to try for more later on. We've decided that if one of the white ones turns out to be a girl, we're going to keep it for sure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment