Recipes

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Cookies

 
Its snowing!!!! Gah, I cannot wait for this winter to be over!!!! It seems like there hasn't been a week that's gone by this winter where we haven't had snow laying on the ground, even if its just a dusting, its snowed just about every week so far.
 
So, what do we do on a snowday??? When we are trapped in the house, and can't go outside to play??? We bake cookies!!!! yay!!!!
 
So every now and then I like to treat myself with something a little special. I love Ghiradelli chocolate!!! It is the best stuff in the world, especially when you are just craving chocolate. I decided to treat myself this week with some Ghiradelli Chocolate Chips. Yes they are a little more pricy than Hershey, or Nestle, but they are worth it. ( Now don't get me wrong I bake with the other two, and find them delicious, but there is just something different about this brand).  So, I don't follow any specific recipe, I tend to just use the recipe on the back of the package, and truthfully I think they are all about the same when it comes down to it.  So, I'm going to share the recipe from the back of the package. (you can also find this recipe and others at www.ghiradelli.com )
 
So here is the recipe from the back of the package.
2 & 1/4 cups unsifted flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks butter) softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups Ghiradelli semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside. Beat butter with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed until incorporated.
 
Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture, stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if desired). Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake from 9 to 11 min or until golden brown
 
 
Enjoy!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment