Recipes

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Chili

I had some pictures for this blog post, BUT this is one of those days when technology doesn't want to work for me...or rather everything on my phone wants to update right stinking now, so I'll come back later with pictures. Some days I think my smart phone isn't so smart.

With temps plunging down, down, down into the minus temps, some times a person just needs something good and hot and easy to fix for dinner. Easy being the key word, especially when you are busy.  I like something that I can just throw together and walk away from. This recipe is perfect for that.

1 lb. ground beef (or more depending on how meaty/chunky you like your chili)
2. cans diced tomatoes
2. cans kidney beans (dark or light)
1. small onion diced
1. Small bell pepper diced
1. pack of chili seasoning

Brown your beef together with your onions and bell pepper, drain well. While beef mixture is draining, in a big pan, add your diced tomatoes, and kidney beans, making sure to drain your kidney beans part of the way, add your beef mixture, and then your seasoning packet. Mix well, set your heat on medium low, and walk away, just stir it randomly. After about an hour it will be good to go. You can let it sit as long as you want though. I've been known to start this around noon, and forget about it until my hubby gets up for work around 3:30...I just start it when I have time, as I'm walking through the kitchen for one thing or another, I'll stir it to make sure its not sticking to the bottom of the pan.

Top with Cheese, maybe add a little sour cream.  Enjoy and keep warm!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment