Recipes

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Still Cold out

Hi there!!! Sorry its been a bit since my last posting, but things have been a little busy here. Its been really cold out, as it is everywhere here in America. This means extra trips out to the chicken house to check on everybody, and since we don't have a heater for Sam and Jaspers outside water bowl, I make them come in more often than they like so that I know they are getting eats and drinks.  For a husky the cold isn't really a problem, but the ability to get unfrozen water is a problem.

I've spent parts of today doing some deep cleaning, and tossing of things. I'm not really doing "spring cleaning" but I think its more cabin fever cleaning. I gathered all of my yarn and crochet supplies up, and carried them all up to my craft room so that I can get an eye full of what yarn I do have, and don't have....and I have a lot...probably more than I need really...oh wait, I need it all!!! LOL I just left my current project down here, which is a hat I'm slowly working on for my dear husband.

Speaking of crochet, I'm still waiting to hear back from my pattern tester, but hopefully I'll be able to post it to you guys soon...I'm pretty darned excited about it to tell you all the truth. Its nothing big and fancy, but its fun!!!

I'm thinking I'm going to try the carrots again in the Rubbermaid tub. Now that I have found my spray bottles, and watering them will be much easier, I think I can get it to work this time!!! They actually sprouted the last time, and got nice and tall...but well...I didn't get it watered...lol

I don't know if I told you guys, but we ordered some Black Copper Maran hatching eggs. They should be here tomorrow, and I'm really excited about it. We got the incubator up and running on Sunday so that we could make sure the heat is going to stay steady, and to make sure we have a good humidity level in there. Unfortunately Maran's are really hard to hatch out.  I'm actually on the search for a BCM Cockerel, we are planning on breeding our own, and keeping our own stock, and selling off some of the extra fertilized eggs. Now, yes, I know there is a possibility that I will get a male or two or three or more out of this batch of eggs that are coming, so it seems silly for me to be looking for a cockerel from somewhere else. Well you see, I'm hoping to get one that came from a darker egg than these are coming from, so I'm hoping to be able to breed hens that lay the darker Maran eggs. Its quite exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment