Recipes

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Book Review

 
Hi all!!! Its just me again...this time with a crochet book review. I recently got an order for a pink white and brown baby blanket, with free reign on the pattern. Now I have about a billion crochet pattern books, and of course I have about a billion things to do, but I couldn't turn down a crochet order...its my excuse to be able to neglect other stuff to crochet. Well, I knew I was going to want something fast, and I sure as heck wasn't sure exactly what kind of a pattern would look great using those colors.  So while I was picking up my yarn, this book caught my eye, its Learn To Crochet Mile-A-Minute Baby Afghans, by Leisure Arts.  So I picked it up and flipped through and this one caught my eye...and well who really needs an excuse to add to the pattern library???  I did notice however that the book seemed to sell out quickly at Walmart. So I found the link where you can purchase the book if you so wish through Leisure arts website. They also have it available as a digital download as well. Here's the link  http://www.leisurearts.com/products/learn-to-crochet-mile-a-minute-baby.html
 
Now let me talk about this pattern for just a minute here. This pattern was super easy to work up, and really easy to follow. Its a very well written pattern, and I think I would make it again. These blankets are generously sized, and I think if you change the colors around a bit, would make a great gift for a loved one in a nursing home. They would be great lap blankets while they are sitting in their wheel chairs, or would be great for brightening up their rooms a bit. They would also make great throws for the back of a couch, or draped over that rocking chair that sits in the living room.  You could also just make them ahead to have on hand for those last minute baby showers.
 
This was my first mile a minute anything, and I'm (pardon the pun) hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment