Recipes

Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Madness

OK, so its really not been a bad Monday, but it sounded good.  My hubby had a doctors appointment this morning, just a regular kind of visit. Then when we got home I started a load of laundry, and cut up some apples and ripped up some stale bread rolls for the chickens. I must say those little piggy's have eaten all of the bread and most of the apples so far. Since they have a longer run, I was throwing it as far down the run as I could, and that was most amusing. My chickens love anything that's a special treat as all animals/people do, so watching them run all the way to the end of that 30 foot run was great.

I was working on cleaning up my kitchen some, and I realized that I really need to take everything out of my cabinets, and my pantry, and I need to just go through and reorganize, and figure out just what I have, and what I don't have.  After 9 years of living in this house, we really have stuff!!! Its truly amazing to me when I get up on the step stool looking for something in the back of one of the higher cabinets and I find something I forgot I had, the other day I found a long lost hand juicer that I had forgotten about. I think I had bought it to make lime aid, which is a really yummy treat in the hot summer...I may have to make that this summer....its really easy, I'll post the recipe when I make it.

I would say that my goal for this year is to be "more organized" or to "keep a cleaner house" but those were my goals last year, and my house isn't dirty or anything like that, but the "more organized" part never happened. I figure if it happens it will happen, one room at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment