Recipes

Saturday, June 19, 2021

Patio Lemon Trees



 A few weeks ago, I bought these patio lemon trees. They were 50% off because there was a chance they weren't going to survive. I got them from Tractor Supply, and when I got them, I had to set them in a bag because they were so full of water. (yeah TSC is really bad about how they care for their live plants) Anyways I got them home, and set them in some sun, and tried to drain as much of the water out as I could. They are looking a whole lot better now. My plan is to go ahead and get them the biggest size pot I'm going to end up needing for them in the long run. I don't want to have to do a bunch of re-planting. 

I did the research using my pal Google and found that I'm going to need a fairly big pot that's at least 18 inches deep, and fairly wide as they will get kind of top-heavy.  Of course, I'm going to have to learn how to prune a tree, and also learned that it's going to take up to 6 years to get my first fruit.  I'm going to get those cool pot roller things that you set the giant pots in to move them around. There is an awesome sun porch here that I'll have them winter over in so that they get the continued sunlight they need without freezing. Right now.....this all sounds like a good deal of fun. However give it a year or two and I'm sure I'll start getting weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment